Wednesday, October 12, 2005

A new old favorite

I just returned from the greatest course I have ever taken in my educational career. This includes elementary school all the way through the semester in college I am currently in. I am talking of course about the amazing bowling course that the University of Georgia offers. I can only describe the class as "totally balls." You walk in, grab some kicks, find your ball (in my case its the 12 pounder with the large finger holes), jump on a lane and throw rocks, baby. Today was a fairly good day as I bowled a 136 and a 129. However, one of the greatest days of my life occured only last week on October 3rd when I bowled a 185. It felt as though the bowling gods themselves were guiding my green orb down the lane and annihilating those helpless, wooden pins. I almost felt sorry for the little fellas until I glanced up at the scoreboard to see a big X. For those unfamilar with the sport, the X is the sign of a strike which, of course, is the most glorious moment a bowler can experience. You may be thinking, "why the hell would someone like myself want to bowl?" And to this I would merely say Bowling rocks. In addition, I have found that alcohol does not impair your skills. In fact, I would argue that I have thrown some of my better games following a binder the nite before and won money while drinking heavily and bowling. All in all, bowling is a fabulous course and I suggest any of those who have not yet taken it to do yourself a favor and enroll in it. You will not regret it, I promise. As I conclude this, the latest entry in the Civy Times, I have only one thing to add. In the words of the legendary Walter Sobchak, "Fuck it, dude. Let's go bowling."

2 comments:

El Dude-a-rino said...

The Dude abides

Feech Lamanna said...

I concur.